The AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course (PALS) is for healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies, and for first-time or renewal training to obtain a PALS course completion card.
This course uses a scenario-based, team approach to teach pediatric emergency respiratory management or cardiac arrest.
Audience: The primary target audience for this course is pediatricians, emergency physicians, family physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies.
Students must be able to identify basic ECG rhythms prior to attending PALS. Express Training Solutions offers the Basic ECG Course for students who wish to develop or strengthen their interpretation skills prior to attending PALS. There is also a self-directed option called Learn: Rhythm Pediatric available at OnlineAHA.Org.
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 1- and 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 1- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
Express Training Solutions offers a fun, stress-free environment for learning. Whether you are taking the course for the first time or just renewing, we are confident you will be satisfied with your experience.
Want your BLS Certification done at the same time?
BLS Renewal Add-On can be added to any of the ACLS Options. When registering for your ACLS class there is an add-on option to also renew your BLS Certification. Please note that your BLS Certification must NOT be expired to do the BLS Add-On.
BLS Add – On Cost: $45.00
Students must be able to identify basic ECG rhythms prior to attending PALS. Express Training Solutions offers the Basic ECG Course for students who wish to develop or strengthen their interpretation skills prior to attending PALS. There is also a self-directed option called Learn: Rhythm Pediatrics available at OnlineAHA.Org.
Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements: PLEASE READ
The AHA requires all students taking ACLS to pass the Pre-Course Self-Assessment exam with a score of 70% or greater
- After registration students will receive a confirmation email with instruction on how to do the Pre – Course Self-Assessment
- You can take the exam over until a passing grade is achieved
- You MUST print or take a picture of the passing grade with your name it to hand to your Instructor before entering the class. If you do not have a printer, please take a picture, and email the picture to email@example.com
- If students do not access to a computer, they may come in at any time in our Mission Valley location and use our student computer. If using the student computer, the day of your scheduled course, please arrive 30 minutes before your class start time to ensure time to complete the exam. PLEASE NOTE: Only one student computer is available. The Student Computer is first come first served.