Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a 2-year American Academy of Pediatrics Certification.
Register for NRP Courses in Tustin Today
Our NRP class in Tustin has been reformatted to utilize a blended learning format that involves an online portion and an in-person instructor-led portion.
NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) Course
More About Our Tustin NRP Courses
Tustin NRP Course Structure
STEP ONE: Study and Prepare (Before Course)
- Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th Edition. Digital or Hardcopy available at shop.aap.org
STEP TWO: Complete the Online Requirements (Before Course)
- Visit aap.org/NRP and select “NRP 8th Edition Platform”
- The online course cost is not included in the course fee.
STEP THREE: Attend the Course
- The course is hands-on and can last up to 3 hours
Tustin NRP Course Content Overview
The NRP certification/recertification course covers the following:
- Cognitive knowledge of NRP concepts and interventions
- Supporting the goals and purpose of NRP Provider status
- Critical components of newborn resuscitation, including a solid understanding of the correct sequence according to the NRP flow diagram and optimize neonatal outcome
- NRP knowledge, skills, and teamwork, which may reduce neonatal morbidity and mortality by participating in a hands-on skills evaluation or online skills assessment
What to Expect in the Tustin NRP Classroom
Our Tustin Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) courses are designed to introduce healthcare professionals to the concepts and basic skills needed during neonatal resuscitation.
The course teaches causes, prevention, and management of neonatal complications caused from mild to severe asphyxia, and is designed to help develop optimal knowledge and skills healthcare professionals need during a resuscitation.