Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Completion Certificate.
We have two ECG course options at our San Diego (Mission Valley) location:
San Diego Basic ECG Course Content
- Basic rhythm understanding and interpretation
- Relationship between the ECG strip and heart impulses
- Identifying and distinguishing various arrhythmias
- Heart anatomy and electrophysiology
- 12 Lead ECG placement and overview
- What drugs are used during a cardiac event and how to use them
San Diego Advanced ECG Course Content
- Recommended completion of Basic ECG or proficiency in ECG rhythm analysis & identification
- Application and assessment of 12/15 leads
- Recognition and significance of axis deviation
- Chamber enlargement
- Electrolyte and common drug-induced ECG changes
- Identification of STEMI vs. NSTEMI
- Bundle Branch Blocks
- Wide Complex Tachycardias
Who should take a San Diego ECG course?
These courses are ideal for critical care nurses, and cardiac technicians, as well as healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job.
Benefits of Taking an ECG Course in San Diego
ECG training provides many benefits, including:
- Superior Hands-On Training: our ECG course curriculum blends hands-on and classroom lessons to build skills in an engaging learning environment.
- Excellent Preparation for ACLS: With ECG training, students will focus on learning how to read rhythms and specific medications that are used in ACLS. This will put them ahead of their peers during ACLS because they have learned and prepared these critical skills.
- Expert Instruction: Our ECG courses are taught by experienced instructors who work in the field and can respond to students’ questions at any time.
**We strongly recommend that students complete our Basic ECG Course before enrolling in an Advanced ECG course.
About Our San Diego ECG Courses
ECG Courses in San Diego are designed for healthcare professionals seeking to solidify and broaden their understanding of ECG rhythm recognition and enhance their assessment skills of adult patients through analysis of a variety of case studies and on-hands practice.