Upon completion of the course, students will receive a 2-year ALSO Certification from AAFP (American Academy of Family Physicians).
Upon completion of the ALSO Instructor Course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss educational tools that can be used when giving feedback to ALSO course participants.
- Describe how to assist participants in dealing with questions and conflicts that can occur during the workstations.
- Demonstrate teaching capabilities by providing hands-on role-play utilizing maternal-fetal manikins along with timely feedback in order to adapt teaching methods to various situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate group discussion, as well as consider ways to implement faculty and learner feedback to enhance the educational experience.
Once the course has been successfully completed, learners will be designated as ALSO Instructor Candidates. Instructor Candidates are required to:
- Be observed by an Advisory Faculty teaching in one ALSO Provider Course within 1 year of their Instructor Course date.
- Have the Advisory Faculty of that course recommend your status be changed from ALSO Instructor Candidate to ALSO Approved Instructor.
Who Should Take This Class?
Current ALSO Providers who wish to gain specific teaching skills, including: Physicians, RNs, Paramedics, midwives, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
About Our San Diego ALSO Instructor Training Course
Express Training Solution’s one-day San Diego ALSO Instructor Course is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary training program that equips ALSO providers with an opportunity to gain the specific teaching skills required to present an effective ALSO lecture.
Other skills include the ability to facilitate case-based group discussions, teach with mannequins in a group environment, role model teamwork and safe communication in a group, and how to give appropriate feedback to students.
We offer ALSO Instructor Courses at our San Diego Mission Valley location Monday through Saturday.