The AHA ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Course) is intended for Healthcare workers who direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient. The course emphasizes the importance of good CPR to patient survival, the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communications during resuscitation.
Audience: Healthcare providers such as physicians, nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, respiratory therapist, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) Course Content
- 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team.
Want your BLS Certification done at the same time?
BLS Renewal Add-On can be added to any of the ACLS Options. When registering for your ACLS class there is an add-on option to also renew your BLS Certification. Please note that your BLS Certification must NOT be expired to do the BLS Add-On
BLS Add-On Cost: $45.00
Students must be able to identify basic ECG rhythms prior to attending ACLS. Express Training Solutions offers the Basic ECG Course for students who wish to develop or strengthen their interpretation skills prior to attending ACLS.
There is also a self-directed option called Learn: Rhythm Adult available at OnlineAHA.Org.
Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements: PLEASE READ
The AHA requires all students taking ACLS to pass the Pre-Course Self-Assessment exam with a score of 70% or greater
- After registration students will receive a confirmation email with instruction on how to do the Pre – Course Self-Assessment
- You can take the exam over until a passing grade is achieved
- You MUST print or take a picture of the passing grade with your name it to hand to your Instructor before entering the class. If you do not have a printer, please take a picture, and email the picture to email@example.com
- If students do not access to a computer, they may come in at any time in our Mission Valley location and use our student computer. If using the student computer, the day of your scheduled course, please arrive 30 minutes before your class start time to ensure time to complete the exam. PLEASE NOTE: Only one student computer is available. The Student Computer is first come first serve.