Upon successful completion of the BLS course, students will receive a 2-year American Heart Association BLS Certification.
Who typically needs BLS certification?
BLS certification is ideal for anyone working in a healthcare setting.
El Centro BLS Course Content Overview
- AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- 1- and 2-Rescuer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- Ventilation with an advanced airway
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) adult, child and infant
About Our El Centro BLS Course
Our El Centro BLS courses are designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to recognize and assess a variety of common medical emergencies, as well as how to perform life-saving techniques on infants, children, and adults.
Basic life support essentially aims to keep individuals suffering from life-threatening medical conditions alive in the interim of being transported to the hospital or during transfers to more advanced treatment centers.
This course also includes information and hands-on training regarding the use of AEDs (automated external defibrillator), providing adequate ventilation through various barrier devices, and how to identify and how to assess and remove foreign-body airway obstructions for adults and infants.