Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Completion Certificate.
- Length: 4 hours
- Completion Certificate received at the end of class
San Diego Basic ECG Course Content
- Basic rhythm understanding and interpretation
- Relationship between the ECG strip and heart impulses
- Identifying and distinguishing various arrhythmias
- Heart anatomy and electrophysiology
- 12 Lead ECG placement and overview
- What drugs are used during a cardiac event and how to use them
Who should take this course?
The course is ideal for critical care nurses, and cardiac technicians, as well as healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job.
Benefits of Taking a Basic ECG Course in San Diego
Basic ECG training provides many benefits, including:
- Superior Hands-On Training: our ECG course curriculum blends hands-on and classroom lessons to build skills in an engaging learning environment.
- Excellent Preparation for ACLS: With ECG training, students will focus on learning how to read rhythms and specific medications that are used in ACLS. This will put them ahead of their peers during ACLS because they have learned and prepared these critical skills.
- Expert Instruction: Our ECG courses are taught by experienced instructors who work in the field and can respond to students’ questions at any time.
About Our San Diego Basic ECG Course
The Basic ECG Course in San Diego is designed to address a key knowledge gap in electrocardiogram (ECG) knowledge and focuses on specific ECG recognition skills. An excellent training addition for those planning to take advanced classes (ACLS & PALS) or who complete a pre-course self-assessment and find they need to improve their knowledge.