Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a 2-year American Heart Association ACLS Certification.
About Course Options
There are four course options for ACLS at our Oceanside location:
Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements
The AHA requires all students taking ACLS to pass the Pre-Course Self-Assessment exam with a score of 70% or greater.
- After registration students will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to do the Pre – Course Self-Assessment.
- You can take the exam over until a passing grade is achieved.
- You MUST print or take a picture of the passing grade with your name on it to hand to your Instructor before entering the class. If you do not have a printer, please take a picture, and email the picture to [email protected].
Who should take this course?
Healthcare providers such as: physicians, nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
Oceanside ACLS Course Content
- American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team.
About Our Oceanside ACLS Course
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course at our Oceanside location is intended for healthcare workers who direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient.
The course emphasizes the importance of CPR to patient survival, the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.