Upon successful completion of the course and after being successfully monitored, Instructor Candidates will receive an American Heart Association BLS Instructor Card.
BLS Instructor Course Information
- Length: 8 hours + 4 hour Student Teaching Session
- CEUs (8) available for: RN, RT, LVN, EMT, Paramedic, & Dental
- The BLS Instructor Courses is for students who have already successfully completed the BLS Provider Course.
BLS Instructor Course Content
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
About Our El Centro BLS Instructor Courses
Our BLS Instructor Course in El Centro is taught in a blended-learning format. Candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session, which is classroom-based. In the classroom, Instructor Candidates will study in-depth material about the Heartsaver and BLS disciplines that they will be teaching.
As a BLS Instructor, candidates will also be able to teach the following courses:
- BLS – Basic Life Support (for Healthcare Providers)
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver CPR AED
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED