Upon successful completion of both parts of the course, students will receive a 2-Year American Heart Association ACLS Instructor Card.
ACLS Instructor Course Information
- Length: 8 Hours + 6 hour Student Teaching Session (on a future date)
- CEUs (8) available for: RN, RT, LVN, PT, EMT, Paramedic, & Dental
- Candidates must be a licensed or certified healthcare professional
- Candidates must have a current ACLS Provider course completion card
Please note that additional monitoring is required to obtain ACLS Course Director status.
El Centro ACLS Instructor Course Content
- Airway management
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Related pharmacology
About Our El Centro ACLS Instructor Courses
Our El Centro ACLS Instructor Course is designed to promote proficiency in teaching, organizing, and conducting a provider ACLS course.
Upon completion of the course, ACLS Instructor Candidates will have the ability to demonstrate in-depth factual knowledge of emergency cardiac care, as well as how to design a provider course to meet the needs of a particular student population.
Instructor Candidates will learn the necessary knowledge and skills used in responding to resuscitation situations through a variety of methods, including small group discussions, scenario-based skills practice, and hands-on exercises.