PHTLS Provider Course – The Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support course is recognized around the world as the leading continuing education program for prehospital emergency trauma care. Its mission is to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all providers involved in the delivery of prehospital care.
PHTLS is developed by NAEMT in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma. The program is based on a prehospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care. PHTLS Certification is valid for 4 years.
- Cost: Provider Course $280 – Refresher Course $160.00 – PHTLS Fast Track $220
- Course Book: $75 (Purchase Book During Registration or Bring your Own)
- Amazon Book options Click Here
- Full Course is designed for first-time students or students with expired cards.
- Update / Renewal Course is for Students with current or non-expired cards.
- Fast Track option is for all to take
- Class Length: Provider Course 2 days, A total of 16 hours
- Class Length: Refresher Course 1 day, A total of 8 hours
- Class Length: Fast Track – Online Average 8 hours / Skills average 8 hours
- NAEMT 4 Year Certification received at end of class
- CEUs available for: EMT, Paramedic, RNs
- CEUs Provider Course (16) Refresher Course (8) Fast Track (16)
- Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements: Pre-Course Self-Assessment exam (access to Pre-Course exam given after registration)
- EMTs, Paramedics, Emergency Nurses, Pre-Hospital Nurses
- The 8th edition of the PHTLS Provider Manual (Available during online registration or Click Here for Rental Information)
- Completed PHTLS course pretest (Sent with registration confirmation)
Course Topics and Skill Stations
- Identify the mechanism of injury
- Identify life-threatening injuries and the related pathophysiology
- Rapidly assessment and management of trauma patients
- Perform appropriate interventions
- Airway Management and Ventilation
- Rapid Extrication
- Spinal Immobilization
- Pediatric Assessment
- Pediatric Immobilization
Length of Course / Continuing Education
- Provider Course– 16 hours given over 2 days (CE Credit 16 hours)
- Refresher Course– 8 hours given on day 2 of the provider course (CE Credit 8 hours)
- Fast-Track Course– Online/In Person Hybrid. 8 hours Online and 8 hours on the skills day (CE Credit 16 hours)
Courses no longer offered in San Diego except for Group Training. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.