Tustin CEN Review Courses
Board Certification is an achievement that delivers the power of confidence, personal satisfaction and career success.
Our Tustin Certified Emergency Nurse Review course is designed for RNs who are preparing to take the CEN exam. This two-day course is constantly updated to reflect content on the current content outline (blueprint) from the BCEN. This course is also appropriate for emergency nurses seeking to expand and update their knowledge base and enhance their patient care.
Tustin CEN Review Course Content
- Correlate the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular, neurological, reproductive, gastrointestinal, and renal systems to the care of the critically ill emergency department patient.
- Devise a plan of care for patients experiencing physical and or psychological emergencies.
- Discuss the current accepted standards for the transfer and transport of emergency patients.
- Describe basic principles in disaster management and select appropriate triage categories for patients in clinical scenarios.
- Summarize the rationale behind nursing interventions for patients presenting with a variety of physical and psychological emergencies.
- Describe priorities and management strategies for selected environmental and toxicological emergencies.
- Differentiate cardiogenic, hypovolemic, and distributive shock with regards to assessment and management.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Recognize signs and symptoms that may indicate a specific emergency condition.
- Describe appropriate nursing interventions and medical treatments for selected emergency conditions
- List appropriate pharmacological treatments for specific emergency conditions
Who Should Take This Course
Emergency Room Nurses and anyone preparing to take the CEN exam.
About Our Tustin CEN Review Course
Our Tustin CEN Review course is designed to help experienced Registered Nurses prepare for the Certified Emergency Nursing (CEN) exam administered by the Board of Certification of Emergency Nursing (BCEN).
Our course offers lectures, graphics, videos, and practice questions in many of the areas that are tested on the CEN Exam, and will provide not only a knowledge base for successfully completing the exam, but also a foundation for further study as the student works towards emergency nursing certification. The two-day course is designed to review the major/core topics covered by the most current version of the BCEN CEN exam, and students will have the chance to review current clinical information and best practices in emergency nursing.