Upon successful completion of the TNCC Instructor Course, students will receive a 4-year TNCC Certification from the ENA (Emergency Nurses Association).
TNCC Instructor Course Information
- Length: 1 day; 8 hours total
- 8th Edition Manual
- The Instructor Course is designed to prepare the instructor candidate for TNCC Instructor status
- CEUs (8.2) available for RNs
- Must have a current TNCC provider card.
- An active RN license is required to become a certified TNCC Instructor
Mandatory Pre-Course Requirements
(All must be completed prior to class or you may need to reschedule):
- You must be recommended by your TNCC instructor. Please bring the form he/she filled out for you.
- Pre-Course Online Modules: Instructions to the 10 Pre-Course Online Modules given after registration.
- Fill out TNCC instructor application and bring to class (access to application form given after registration).
- Obtain a Letter of Recommendation by someone in the healthcare field on why you would make an excellent TNCC instructor.
- Review MicroTeach PowerPoints and be prepared to teach any of the four (access to ppts will be provided after registration).
- Be prepared to re-test on the multiple choice exam and TNP.
We offer several TNCC (1) Instructor Courses at our San Diego Mission Valley location, Monday through Saturday. Within one year of completion of the instructor course, the TNCC (I) candidate must participate as an instructor in a TNCC (Provider).
About Our San Diego TNCC Instructor Training Course
Our San Diego TNCC Instructor Course is a comprehensive training program designed to prepare nurses to become TNCC Instructors. The TNCC (I) emphasizes adult learning strategies, live practice, in-person training, and correct evaluation methods.
The path to becoming a TNCC instructor is complex, and includes learning about different teaching strategies, understanding how people learn, and being familiar with various types of teaching media.