BLS Online aka HeartCode BLS uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor.
BLS Online: After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the Online Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infant
The AHA’s Heartcode BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
- All course videos must be watched to completion before students can access the exam.
- All course eSimulations must be passed before students can access the exam. Please note: eSimulations can be taken more than once.
There are two BLS Online Options:
- The BLS Fast-Track Online/In-Person Hybrid Course – Click Here for detailed information
- The BLS Skills Testing Only Course – Click Here for detailed information
Please print out your certificate of completion for the completed online portion and hand that to your instructor the day of your course. If you do not have a printer please send a copy of your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course date you are attending.