The AHA is a blended course designed by the AHA, it combines the convince of learning at your own pace by watching training videos and doing practice modules online. Once completed you must perform the skills in person with a qualified BLS instructor.
This course is structured for both new and returning healthcare professional who needs to get their certification for BLS (Basic Life Support) which is the foundation for all healthcare providers.
Even though this course is structured for all, it is highly recommended that first time students take the full course. Please click here for the Full Course/Renewal Course
Please print out your certificate of completion for the completed online portion and hand that to your instructor the day of your course. If you do not have a printer please send a copy of your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and course date you are attending.
BLS Fast-Track Online/In-Person Hybrid Course Content
- 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- 1-Rescuer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- 2-Resucer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- BLS with an advanced airway
- Mouth to mouth for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) adult, child, and infant
Audience: Individuals working in healthcare such as physicians, nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, occupational and physical therapists, physician’s assistants, residents, medical or nursing students, medical or nursing assistants, and other allied health personnel.
Express Training Solutions offers a fun, stress-free environment for learning. Whether you are taking the course for the first time or just renewing, we are confident you will be satisfied with your experience.