The AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Course is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to recognize many life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR for Adult, Child, and Infant, use an AED, and relieve choking. This course is intended for both certified or noncertified, licensed or nonlicensed healthcare professionals. The course can also be modified to meet workplace requirements.
- 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- 1-Rescuer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- 2-Resucer BLS and AED for adult, child, and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child, and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child, and infant
- BLS with an advanced airway
- Mouth to mouth for adult, child, and infant
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) adult, child and infant
Audience: Individuals working in healthcare such as physicians, nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, occupational and physical therapists, physician’s assistants, residents, medical or nursing students, medical or nursing assistants, and other allied health personnel.
There are a few options for this course:
- OPTION ONE: The Full Course/Renewal course
- Length:4.5 Hours
- Cost: $50. + $17 Course Book (Students may bring their own)
- For detailed information click here
- OPTION TWO: The BLS Fast Track or BLS Skills Testing Only – Online/In=Person Hybrid Course
- Length for skills up to 1 hour
- Length for the online portion up to 2 hours
- Cost: BLS Fast Track $75.00 BLS Skills $50.00
BLS (Basic Life Support) is the foundation for advanced courses like ACLS & PALS. These courses cannot be obtained without a valid BLS Certification.