Certified Emergency Nurse Review Course Objectives
- Correlate the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular, neurological, reproductive, gastrointestinal, and renal systems to the care of the critically ill emergency department patient.
- Devise a plan of care for patients experiencing physical and or psychological emergencies.
- Summarize the rationale behind nursing interventions for patients presenting with a variety of physical and psychological emergencies.
- Discuss the current accepted standards for the transfer and transport of emergency patients.
- Describe basic principles in disaster management and select appropriate triage categories for patients in clinical scenarios.
- Describe priorities and management strategies for selected environmental and toxicological emergencies.
- Differentiate cardiogenic, hypovolemic, and distributive shock with regards to assessment and management.