IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal (LVNs)
The IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Course ($350) provides training and certification to LVNs wanting to expand their scope of practice. The 36 hour course is approved and governed by the California Board of Vocational Nurses & Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). The course is offered in either four (4) consecutive nine (9) hour days, or three (3) consecutive twelve (12) hour days.
Course Description (36 Hrs. / $350)
Students will learn by lecture as well as clinical / hands-on experience. Topics will include, but are not limited to: Legal aspects, universal precautions, indications for IV therapy and blood withdrawal, infection control and psychological preparation of the patient. Students are required to successfully demonstrate IV insertions and blood withdrawal skills on other students or a designated proxy. Students may bring a proxy in their place during the clinical portion if they do not want to have IV insertion and blood withdrawals performed on them.
The four (4) day agenda / 8:00AM to 5:30 PM
- Day 1 – Lesson One: Course Foundations
- Day 2 – Lesson Two: Fundamentals of IV Therapy
- Day 3 – Lesson Three: Fundamentals of Blood Withdrawal
- Day 4 – Skills Practice and Competency
The Three (3) day agenda / 7:00AM to 7:30 PM
- Day 1 – Lesson One: Course Foundations and IV Fundamentals (part 1)
- Day 2 – Lesson Two: IV Fundamentals (part 2) / Fundamentals of Blood W/D
- Day 3 – Lesson Three: Additional Topics, Skills Practice and Competency
LVNs receive 36 hours of CE credit. BVNPT Provider Approval Code #: V10763.
Course Fees and Registration
Course registration fees of $350 covers all course material and supplies. Seating is limited and classes fill up quickly so advanced planning is recommended.
Express Training is an approved provider for IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal certification by the California Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians. BVNPT approval can be verified by clicking here.